These 4 awards came with their own set of rules:
- Thank and link to the person who nominates you
- Share seven random facts about you
- Pass this award to five new blogging friends
- Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers
So, item 1. Thank you so much for the award love, both of you! I have the awards permalinked to your post on them at the bottom of my sidebar. You are also linked above and you are additionally linked in my “Virtual Library” section already.
To those in number 3, I hate to break the game, but I don’t require you do anything, including link back to me. These awards would “die” if they weren’t passed on to others deserving, but I dislike requiring people to link back to me just because I like their site. Also, you all deserve it. I waited so long to write my post because I wanted to think about it longer. I don’t want to just pass the award on. I want the awards to mean something.
To those with blogs not in the awards, you’re very likely in my virtual library anyway. If you’re not, ping me. If you want to know why you weren’t chosen, again, ping me. I’ll tell you so long as the conversation is friendly and truly interested in the feedback.
And now for number two…
Random Facts, Yay!
- I believe in faeries and the fantastic unseen
- I’m hungry, it’s 10am and no breakfast!
- I am heavily empathic, it’s almost like a super power (and it’s also why I try so hard to make everyone around me happy)
- Yes, I do remember you and I think about you more often than you may realize. Yes, even you, random person from childhood. I may not remember your name, but I remember the situations and faces. Chances are, my thoughts on you aren’t negative, even if you think I have cause to be.
- I love kitties! I still have the stuffed Pound Purry I got when I was 7. Yes, I still sleep with her some nights. Best. Gift. Ever. Thanks Mom!
- I have an ivory tower for emergencies. Though the ivory is more like unkempt greenery and the tower is more like a peaceful wood. It’s all figuratively speaking, just without the, I’m better than you part and more with the SANCTUARY! part.
- I once enlivened an entire high school language arts class by taking the “read-aloud” in class activity out of boring monotone by voice-acting out the part in the play I’d been given to read. Fun fact, it was the part of an extremely upset mother whose boy was being hunted for murder. I got to yell at people, make people laugh (first acted out line’s response was Ricky going “Okay! Okay!” which were his actual lines), take a whole class out of monotony, and please the teachers in one impulsive decision.
And so, back to the awards. I am not going to inundate you all with 20 awards (5 for each one). They’re getting combined, but I’m doing it a bit different than what I’ve seen. I’m separating the individual awards. Also, I think tag-backs are not encouraged. So, just know that both Emmy and AG’s blogs are ones I enjoy and recommend. Starting with…
The rules don’t require it, but I’m sticking to the title to decide who gets the five awards. The following are my top five favourite blogs that embody the word “versatile.” Enjoy your awards!
- Merry Farmer. Yes, her again. What can I say? I love her blog and her topics are so varied, even while she has re-occurring theme posts.
- Little Bundle of Contradictions. A more recent follow, I kept meaning to check her out more, but haven’t until very recently. Only suggestion: An easy-to-find way to subscribe for updates.
- Elvenspider’s Craft Journal. Another her again case. But I love the simple, breathable layout of the site and the only thing not versatile about it is the category of “crafts.” Within that category she knocks the frickin socks off the word versatile. If the word craft is at all involved, she dabbles in it and posts about it.
- The Daily Woman. A recent follow. At first I didn’t visit a whole lot because I found the tag cloud up top confusing. I only just recently figured out how to navigate it, I mean last few days recent. I also only just now realized she awarded me this same award in her last post. So thanks, here’s your link too! Darlene, don’t get rid of the tag cloud…it did confuse me at first, and I’d move it to the bottom of the most recent post if I could, but that’s just me. Now that I’ve figured out how to use it (really it was so simple, I’m not sure why it took me so long), it really shows off just how versatile your blog is. Also, I just now realized I linked directly to a single post rather than your home page, which explains why I kept seeing a lack of updates XD
- Overcoming Her Obsession. Since I discovered Darlene awarded me versatile and I awarded her back, it was a slippery slope to give in to returning this one for Emmy. Her blog is almost new, but already adapting. It’s fun to watch her build and find her footing before my eyes.
Now on to the Irresistibly Sweet Blog awards! I name the top five sites I find irresistible. These are the top five blogs I visit most frequently. There are others I find irresistible and enjoy visiting whenever I sit down to catch up, but these are at the top of my list now.
- Merry Farmer. Yes, yes, again. What can I say? I just keep getting drawn in by her topics, and the clean design that feels uncluttered.
- Regected Riter. Again, since I discovered Darlene awarded me versatile and I awarded her back, it was a slippery slope to give in to returning this one for AG. If you haven’t checked out this site, you’re missing out! Irresistible.
- Kyriacities. It’s a good thing to find your writing buddy’s site an irresistible read, right?
- Feywriter. Looks alone make this site irresistible to me. Even if the posts were uninteresting, I could just admire the eye-grabbing layout cradling the finer, more fanciful header. I also enjoy her muse theory.
- Elvenspider’s Craft Journal. Yes, yes, another repeat link. I just find the breathable layout and nifty crafts irresistible too, what can I say? It taught me the value of pictures in posts too.
And now, I need to end this. I’m waffling, having doubts, wanting to give in to bombarding you with 5 links per an award but not wanting to make this post too long. Also, please forgive the bipolar formatting of this post. It got all wonky and refuses to fix itself more uniformly.
Time for lunch!