Awhile back I was given another website award. Clicking the icon will take you directly to the awarding post from Kimberly Mellor. She is rather new to the blogosphere but I find her posts endearing and easily relatable.
I appreciate her sweet and approachable attitude and feel it strongly in her posts.
So, the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers (I don’t think I follow that many blogs).
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
My 7 things…
1. I’m successfully quitting my Mountain Dew habit.
2. While my writing needs improvement, my head bursts with ideas.
3. I feel like Scrat with all his acorns when it comes to these ideas…especially in the Scratlantis scene.
4. I love Jenna Marbles.
5. Yoko Kanno and Yasunori Mitsuda are two of my favourite composers.
6. If I could afford to buy Mistuda-san’s song linked above to use with pretty much EVERYTHING, I would.
7. I was briefly part of an unofficial redubbing of Sailor Moon as Sailor Jupiter (or “Lita” as she’s called in English versions) but couldn’t continue because I lost voice recording capabilities and couldn’t afford new equipment (sound on video is wonky anyway). I was also chosen for several other people’s casting slots in unofficial anime dubbings, but this is the farthest any of them got. Got a mic again though, but still not mp3 recording, just the free stuff from audacity, still willing to do voice acting work though!
11 Blogs to Explore from bloggers I find inspiring.
Eleven instead of 15 because I’m miserly and don’t have a lot of time for blog reading…also, 11 is a lot, I don’t want these links to lose meaning. Enjoy your award, all of you! I give you permission to claim it without all the chain letter junk attached, you deserve it!
Fairybolt: One of my roleplaying buddies from world of warcraft. She’s seen both Lesara and Kalshen from Silent Rain in action. She tends to keep my stories more grounded and has just started her very own collected works.
Merry Farmer: Yeah…her again. You can probably expect a lot of my new award passing-ons to go to this website. I find her very inspiring despite our differences in genre.
Misadventures in Bookland: A recent writer I started following, but she’s very interesting and I enjoy my visits there when I remember to leave wordpress and check blogger.
Kyriacities: She’s still working on her website and there’s no set schedule, but my closest writing buddy inspires me on a near-daily basis.
Domynoes: I’d be remiss if I didn’t link my original writing mentor, no matter how different our writing paths get, she still helped build my foundation.
Satis: Newly followed, but he shares a lot of beautiful photos and some thoughtful articles as well.
Lillian Wheeler: Another writing buddy I find inspiring.
Michael’s Tree House: My son inspires me quite a bit.
Twisting Threads: While browsing for links for this post I received notice of a reply to an old comment. I liked her pretty much immediately (just like pretty much everyone on this list actually) and checked out her blog. She’s still toying with it, but it’s always inspiring to encounter a kindred spirit. I love green too! My favourite colour.
Musings of an Eccentric Mind: While she states I inspired the post in the link provided, it really isn’t why I linked to that post, specifically. The story about her pati, even if not described as inspired by me, is my favourite. Her website as a whole is colourful and I love the doses of her culture throughout! Inspiring!
Ashley Jillian: I only just found this website and had to update this post with it (along with Katsurika above, how could I forget her?!). I LOVE her design layout, go ahead, click, scroll down. I felt such child-like delight when the balloons moved and further scrolling caused another to come floating up. Simple, but…it just captures wonder and inspires me, all without the interesting posts I’m only just now delving into.
If you weren’t on this list, please don’t feel sad, I may still find you inspiring. If you’re interested in more people and places around the web that inspire me, take a look at my virtual library. I’m also behind on linking new places I’ve found, I’ll get around to them eventually, just keep sharing and commenting!